Theme images by kelvinjay. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sports

Business

Bollywood

Life & style

Trending

Fashion

» » 4 Lives, 4 Secret Fantasies, 11 International Awards and 6 Gutsy women will bring Lipstick Under My Burkha to a theatre near you!



While Bollywood trailer launches are all about radical numbers, be it collection or the screens, there are trailer launches like Lipstick Under My Burkha that stun you, that make you think and that make you want to be a part of a change. A change in perception, a change in the definition of morality, a change in who decides who sees what, a change for the world to see. 

The trailer launch of The Most Controversial Film of The Year, The Film They Did Not Want You To See, Lipstick Under My Burkha took place on Tuesday, 27th Jan. Present at the event were Producer Ekta Kapoor, Director Alankrita Shrivastava and lead star cast Ratna Pathak Shah, Konkana Sen Sharma, Aahana Kumra and Plabita Borthakur. The film has also been produced by Prakash Jha who was not present but gave an endearing video message to all. 


Speaking about the film and the trailer, Ekta Kapoor said that, "When I saw this film for the first time, it was staring in my face saying do you have the guts to take it on. This film stirred me as a woman as it asked me a valid question. The only answer was to take it on and do full justice to it." On the poster of the film that went viral a few days ago, Ekta said that, "This lipstick, this ungli is at the society who is asking us to repress our voice. It's not about CBFC or men. It's an ideology. There are lots of women who put their daughter in laws though abortions just to get a boy. It's an ideology. We are not being able to discriminate between sexual intentions and sexual crime. Morality is a personal issue. it is not at one point exploitative, the film. It speaks as it is and it stares at you in the eye. This is a film that is very close to my heart and I will do whatever it takes to make it big!


Director Alankrita Shrivastava added that, "I cant believe this is happening. I am so glad that Ekta came on board. We know that now we coming out with a lot of strength. After battling so much, I would have hated to come out with a struggle to release. This film deserves a wider audiences and I am very happy that now there is a way to get those wider audiences. The primary emotion for me right now is that I am really excited as it's been a long journey to get it out. I can't wait for people to watch it." 

Ratna Pathak Shah made some applause worthy statements on patriarchy and said that, "I grew up in a generation where we had to fight but my mother gave me the freedom in life that nobody else got. I stand on their shoulders of my mother and grandmother. And now I can't give that same support to my daughter because of society. In one generation, we have given up all these advantages and are moving backwards. We all have to accept that we have a role to play as men and women. It's about patriarchy. Sex is a small part of this film, important but not big. There are a lot of other issues. The controversy says that its a dirty picture. In fact who comes for this movie looking at it like that, will be highly disappointed." 

Konkana Sen Sharma added that, "I think that a lot of us take for granted the kinds of struggles that women have gone through in the last 100 years. We don't know how much progress we have made in the last 100 years. This film stands by what it says and speaks very honestly about women and their inner lives. I believe that the youth will respond to the authenticity and integrity that the film follows." 

Aahana Kumra said that, "We've just been doing so many things behind closed doors and nobody talks about it. As the ban came on the film, we realised that as women we don't have the same rights that men do. Not only in India but across the world you think they are progressive but no, India is not alone in this battle. It's very important for women to own their sexuality and be out there cause they deserve it." 

Plabita Borthakur said that, "Actually I have never thought that the response would be like this. I first saw it at the Tokyo International Film Festival and we got a standing ovation and women loved it and some even came for a second screening. Then we come to India and the whole censorship thing happened and that saddened me. But then the way everyone supported us it was amazing and we all thought we had to get this film out there for everyone! I am glad that the time is finally here for India to watch it." 


As director Alankrita says, Lipstick Under My Burkha is about 4 women fighting for their rights. Support the rebellion movement and watch it on July 21st at a cinema near you.

From the studio that presented LSD, The Dirty Picture and Udta Punjab, Ekta Kapoor's Alt Entertainment now presents LUMB, A Prakash Jha Productions Film. Produced by Prakash Jha, Directed by Alankrita Shrivastava, Lipstick Under My Burkha will release on July 21, 2017

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post